Ditch the Secret Santa and do a wish list trade this year!
It might just give you the chance to get something you really want – perhaps, something related to bow hunting…
If you happen to be the one doing the gift shopping for a bow hunter, you’re in luck.
We showcase some excellent gift ideas for bowhunters you may not have thought of.
23 Top Gifts for Bowhunters
We thought far outside the square with these gift ideas. Recommending just a bow or new arrows as a present isn't unique enough for us.
Instead, we rounded up gift items that will help organize a bowhunter, keep them safe, and track their downed game faster and easier after dark.
These are gifts a bowhunter will appreciate, and you'll feel good seeing it put to good use.
1. Blood Tracking Light
- Flat handle design for comfort and carry
- State of the art blood tracking technology powered by intense 600 Lumen CREE XM LEDs
This blood trailing light will make an exceptional gift, not just for the bow-wielding hunter, but a great present for the everyday hunter. Most shots are taken in lowlight conditions when deer are most active and trying to track a downed animal in the dark means a long, tiresome night when you're still yet to quarter up, trek out, and pack up.
The 600 lumen light features two modes: low illumination and high HD tracking. It has a custom optical filter that enhances blood trail visibility by reducing certain colors. It's highly portable with the included Cardura holster and belt straps.
2. Genesis Compound Bow
- Compound bow designed for right-handed users offers a draw length range of 15-30 inches and adjustable draw weight from 10-20 pounds; Providing adaptability to different...
- Compound bow features a universal draw length and adjustable weight, first of kind, accommodating all individuals; Ideal beginner's bow for all ages and skill levels
If you have a child that wants to learn how to hunt, start them off right with their very own Genesis Compound Bow. As the official bow for the NASP (National Archery Schools Program), it’s highly recommended as a beginner model for learning archers.
With its single cam technology, it’s well-suited to a child as it has less kick, is quieter, and you won’t have any tuning issues. The result? A faster learning curve with easier handleability for a beginner.
Since it has a very low draw weight that can be adjusted all the way down to 10 lbs, your hunting child can grow with the Genesis bow making for a worthwhile investment.
3. Laser Rangefinder
- 【HIGH PRECISION FUNCTIONAL RANGEFINDER】AOFAR rangefinders own advanced pin sensor technology, which is capable of obtaining six times magnified imaging and also of...
- 【HUNTING RANGE FINDER】Our rangefinders measure from 5-700 yards. Distances can be obtained even in harsh environments using the rangefinder mode. Bring you an...
You must know the distance if you’re going to make a kill-shot on your target. While some experienced bowmen have acquired distance “guesstimation” skills over hard-earned experiences, you will find that it’s harder than it looks to make the shot. Distance and angles have a lot to do with that.
A rangefinder helps you to acquire two types of distances: line of sight and true horizontal distance. If you’re hunting in a tree stand, angle compensation is a must-have for you. What about displays? If you’re hunting around dawn and dusk hours, an LED display with an illuminated reticle should show up bright and clear.
To get more information on which is best for your bow hunter, lase over popular bow hunting rangefinders we recommend.
4. Allen Compound Bow RealTree AP Sling
Strap your bow to your body with a sling and keep it protected. This is an adjustable bow sling that fits bow lengths up to 35”. You may be able to squeeze longer models into it, but the padded, elastic ends hug snugly.
There is an adjustable strap with a shoulder pad, carry handle on the body, and a D-ring for quick attachment when you’re up in a treestand. Completely waterproof, your bow will stay protected if you drop it into puddles or if the sprinkle turns into a downpour.
5. Shooter Buck 3D Deer Archery Target
- LIFE-LIKE SHOOTER BUCK - The biggest toughest 3D Target in the Universe, This Life-like Buck stands 48" Tall, 125" P & Y Antlers
- BANG FOR YOUR BUCK - Includes a replaceable high density core insert that offers up to 5 times the shooting surface of other 3D Targets. The shooting insert extends the...
What’s a great way to get ready for a competition or hunt? Practice. How can you improve life-like practice sessions? Use 3D targets!
Because they average in price around $100-$200, they will make a very nice gift for a bow hunter. This particular model from Shooter has a replaceable core insert that allows you to replace it with a new one once you’ve literally shot the thing to death over and over again.
Since it’s approx. 4 ft tall, it needs to be stable, so the brand includes ground stakes in the buy. You may also appreciate that it’s made in the USA. This deer archery target is also an excellent gift idea for deer hunters.
6. Crossover Telescopic Stabilizer
Crossroad Archery has designed an ingenious tool to bring stability and accuracy to the bow hunt – a telescopic stabilizer. There have been other types of stabilizers in the market but there aren’t many in production. With this line of thinking, the Crossover 1233 model would be a one-of-a-kind type of present for a bow hunter.
It has adjustable extension from 12” to 33”. With such a long length, you can see how it can provide a stable pin on a target over 60 yards away. Retract it down and you can still shoot effectively from the stand.
However, a quick disconnect is sold separately. What does come with it are three 1 oz weights in either aluminum or stainless steel. This is a gift that won’t go wasted because a hunter will wonder why they didn’t ask for one long ago.
7. Summit Treestands Viper SD
- The Viper SD remains a favorite amongst hunters
- Strong, lightweight aluminum construction makes transporting and climbing a breeze
While minimalism is a trend that extends to the hunting field, you must admit that this treestand looks a whole lot more comfortable to spend your day in. The Viper SD has a full back rest, padded arm rests, foam-padded seat, and a platform size of 20” x 36”. The closed-front aluminum bar provides not only a sense of security but actual physical security too.
This package wouldn’t be complete if it didn’t come without safety gear, so a full body harness is included. It has sound-dampening technology, a QuickDraw trigger that locks in place, precision welds for ultimate strength, and Rapid Climb stirrups to get up high and quickly.
When a bow hunter can sit in comfort, they can stay out longer. This equates to a higher probability of success that eventually means meat in the freezer.
8. Bow Sights
- CARBON-HYBRID SIGHT - With TRU-FUSION Hybrid Technology, it is the first and only micro-adjustable bow sight constructed with the combination of carbon composites and...
- NEW STANDARD - Featuring PRO-BRITE Pin Technology for increased durability and brightness and extra-long fibers for maximum brightness, Carbon-Hybrid is the new standard...
If you want more precision, you may need a bow sight upgrade. Put that on the wish list and you might just get it. But be specific in identifying key features such as single or multi-pin, whether it has micro-adjustments, and what size pins you’re after.
After all, compound bows are used with sights, so you may as well mount a dependable one to your bow. But if any mediocre bow sight won’t do for your hard-working hunter, look to Spot Hogg and Truglo for a clue about what the good ones look like.
9. Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler
- The YETI Tundra 45 combines versatility with durability with a capacity of up to 26 cans with a recommended 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio
- Ice stays ice thanks to up to 3 inches of PermaFrost Insulation and an extra thick FatWall design is certified Bear-Resistant
It should come as no surprise that this gigantic Yeti cooler is an incredibly popular buy for travelers and outdoorsmen alike. While it may seem like overkill for a hunter, let us explain our logic.
It’s more than tough – it’s indestructible with its rotomolded body construction to withstand the tumbling in the bed of the pickup along with your other gear. It’s super cold with its 3” PermaFrost insulation, Cold Lock Gasket, and Interlock Lid System. It’s bearproof with its FatWall design and secure with its T-Rex Lid Latches made from heavy-duty rubber. It needs little ice because it’s sealed off to heat and insulated like no other cooler, and by the way, ice is difficult to keep at a hunting site.
It’s a Yeti super cooler. Is it overkill? Only if you have a small pickup with limited space. But then again, no one would want to hunt with you because where are you going to put your kill?
Do your hunter right this hunting season with a Yeti. It’s a statement to them and a statement to hunting buddies that they’re worth it.
10. Irish Settler Elk Tracker 860 Insulated Boots
Hunting elk is no easy task and you know what they say, “Dress for Success.” That’s exactly right and your clothing right down to your boots better be up to the task.
These are some of the best hunting boots that can withstand harsh terrains so that you never lose your willpower to give up. Keep on tracking knowing that ScentBan is killing off odors. Have confidence in foot protection and boot durability since it’s made with 100% leather. Gore-Tex allows your feet to stay dry and breathe while also blocking moisture. 3M Thinsulate Ultra Insulation keeps your feet warm and toasty.
For boots that cost this much, you can bet they’re well-built, high-quality, and worth every penny. It’s a gift worth giving and a gift that is valuable to receive.
11. Fiskars Steel Pruning Sheers
- GARDENING ESSENTIAL: Steel blade plant shears ideal for a variety of pruning tasks like cutting flower stems, maintaining your herb garden, and more to encourage overall...
- MAXIMUM POWER AND PRECISION: Low-friction blade coating makes smooth cuts, reduces gumming, and enhances rust resistance; Self-cleaning sap groove keeps blades from...
Fiskars is a world-renown brand, and this would make a fantastic stocking stuffer for the hunter. Why? If your gift recipient sets up a tree stand, you ought to know that trees in the wild are not trimmed to give hunters an easier time. Pruning Sheers come in handy to snip and cut at stray twigs and thin branches that may be in the way of their line of sight or even in the way of their comfort.
No one likes to have stick stuck up their butt or prodding into their back. Enough said. For something that’s small and compact, it can easily fit into their hunting pack. It’s small but extremely practical for the tree stand hunter.
12. 6-pc LED Lighted Nocks
- Makes tracking your arrows at night or daytime easy
- Fits for arrows with 6.2mm/0.244" inside diameter
Whether or not you chime into the controversy of using lighted nocks, they are extremely helpful in tracking your downed animal. Even pass-throughs with evidence of body fluids can tell you a lot and ensures a faster retrieval of game in thick and wild terrain.
Some are relatively cheap, and others hover around $30. If you need ideas for stocking stuffers for your bow hunter, this may be a great way to get them up-to-date with the time and improve their hunting style.
While they’re legal for use in almost every state in the U.S., double-check to make sure no laws have changed or if they’re legal in your country.
13. Code Blue Scent Elimination Laundry Detergent
While constantly washing your camo will wear it out faster and you probably don’t have access to a washing machine out in the woods, this would be perfect as a pre-season prepping gift.
Wash your gear before your hunt to completely eliminate any odors that may have seeped into clothing from sitting in the closet or in your duffel bag for the past year.
The Code Blue Laundry Detergent is unscented, High Efficiency washing machine compatible, and helps to prevent color fading while also removing tough stains. How does it neutralize odors? Medical-grade nanosilver technology.
With a gift like this, your bowhunter may want to do their own laundry. How’s that for a change and a welcome Christmas present to yourself? It’s a practical gift for the hunter and a self-serving gift for yourself at the same time.
14. Funny Bowhunting T-Shirt
- Bow Hunting T-Shirt for Bowhunters, A Funny Definition of a Bowhunter Tee
- Makes a nice Christmas Gift for Bowhunters, or Birthday Present for Bow Hunters, Funny Hunting Shirts
A T-shirt that recognizes the skill involved in bowhunting. If you know a bowhunter who is constantly extolling their superior skills, they need this funny bowhunting shirt.
Worried about getting the right size? It’s available in all sizes, colors, and various fits/styles. Made from 100% cotton, or cotton-poly blends depending on your color choice, it’s soft, comfortable, and durable.
15. Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks
Get up a tree faster and more securely by sticking with a brand that does it best – Lone Wolf. This is a 4-stick package weighing in at a total of 10 lbs for hauling. Each stick can mount up to three steps each with 15” distances between them. You can get pretty high with each stick length at 32” – so, if your tree stand is sits around 12-17 feet above ground, you’ll reach that with ease.
This set is made in the USA, is rated for a 350 lb capacity, and the adjustable straps fit 4” to 22” trunks. The V-brackets are heavily knurled which are great to see for the unshapely trees you may end up climbing.
This isn’t a cheap present, but is your tree stand hunter worth the splurge? Guess you’ll see after the fact when hunting season is over, right? Meat on the table is proof enough.
16. We the People Holsters Gear
More states are recognizing a hunter’s right to carry a sidearm during bowhunting season. In dense timber and dark woods, distances are short, and predators (both human and animal kinds) can attack when you least expect it. Don’t let your bow hunter be left unprotected for the unexpected.
Your hunter likely already has a favorite handgun but perhaps they need a new holster intended specifically for hunting season? We the People Holsters fits the budget and the gun-specific holster need. You just need to know what pistol they have or will prefer to have for self-defense during hunting season.
The OWB (Outside the Waistband) holsters have good retention, adjustable features, and the Glock 17 OWB that I tested had a cut for a red dot sight and room for a streamlight. If IWB (Inside the Waistband) holsters are the preference, I can attest to the Ruger LC9 IWB holster’s efficiency. For me, my Ruger snapped in place, retention was snug and perfect, and I opted for a snazzy hot pink finish to personalize it a little bit.
The Holster Claw or the IWB Universal Mag Carrier could be a great addition to your gift as both are practical accessories for a sidearm carrier. If your hunter is gearing up to fill a tag, prep him fully with a self-defense minded gift.
17. 3-Blade Archery Broadheads
So, your compound bow is legit and expensive, but it’s not what kills deer – it’s the broadhead. This is a 12-pack of 3-blade, 100-grain, extremely sharp broadheads that have a 1.3” to 1.5” span to slice and penetrate once deployed.
A combination of anodized aluminum and a stainless steel precision tip makes for a durable, fast, sharp, and accurate broadhead. To get the best results, a fatal and fast result, these broadheads will make ethical work of it.
18. Arctic Shield Men’s Boot Insulator
- Retain patented heat retention technology for added warmth
- Easily fits over boots and shoes. Available in sizes small-2x-large. Note: if in between sizes, or if intending to wear over thick, heavily insulated boots, choose the...
Got cold feet? Don’t get all nostalgic because we’re referring to your toe digits when you’re out in the hunt. If you haven’t bought yourself a new pair of insulated boots yet, you can always use a “get out of the woods” kind of alternative for right now.
These are boot covers with a zipper and drawstring assembly. They’re 100% polyester so you know it’s warm and soft, not that you’ll be feeling the material through your boots. But thanks to the moisture-wicking tricot fabric, it’s water and wind resistant to keep your feet dry, and with its heat retention technology, they’ll also be warm.
When your feet feel sweaty and adequately toasty, take ‘em off and they roll up into tiny, compact balls that can fit in your jacket pocket or side pouch of your backpack. Convenient when you don’t have a heater at your feet in the wild, right?
19. Treestand Hunting Harness
- Secure and Safe: No dangerous dangling straps or confusing weave-through buckles, ensuring your safety throughout your hunting adventures
- Featherlight Comfort: Experience phenomenal comfort with this incredibly lightweight harness, weighing in at only 2.5 pounds, allowing you to enjoy all-day comfort and...
It's been said that up to 95% of treestand injuries are due to not wearing a full-body safety harness. Gear up your loved one with an all-season hunting harness while they're in the stand. This one is super lightweight at 2.5 lbs that can be worn over hunting camouflage. It has a minimalist design that does away with dangling and weave-through straps that promotes safety and mobility if an accident does occur.
To completely outfit the hunter with safety measures, the harness comes with a suspension relief strap, a DVD, and safe-use instructions. Hunter safety education is a life-saving measure that should be taken before climbing into the treestand.
20. Leather Hunting Log Book
- American craftsmanship: handmade by our expert artisans right here in our shop. Our products are proudly made in the USA using American craftsmanship.
- Leave your mark: we are inviting you to use your leather products and notice the unique marks they receive over time as you leave your mark.
U.S. sourced cowhides are used to make this beautiful, raw, and rugged hunting log book. Handmade in America by Rustico, this log book is slim at 3.75 x 1 x 8" in size to easily stow in the back pocket or gear bag for every future hunt.
The leather log book has 96 pages designed to record some of the most vital details needed for a successful hunting season, or for many yet to come, such as climate, wind, location, notes, and more. Unique, gorgeous, and made in the U.S.A - you can't do better than this.
21. Bow & Arrow Wall Storage Rack
- Handcrafted wall rack stores and displays up to 2 compound bows and up to 12 arrows (bows and arrows not included)
- Extra long wood pegs to secure bows and easy arrow placement on rack
Are your hunter's bows and arrows strewn across the garage? Help them keep their gear organized and ready for use with a handcrafted, solid pine, triangular-designed wall rack. It features 12 field-tip arrow slots with extra-long wood pegs for a secure hold.
Up to two compound bows can be mounted on the rack since it's a large 31.5 x 4 x 32.5" in size. To enhance the natural wood look, the pine shelf has defined checking marks that fits its rustic theme. Not only is it attractive, but it's a practical tool that gets gear off the ground.
22. Compact Bow Case
- PLANO PROTECTOR COMPOUND BOW CASE: Lockable, padded protection for single and split or parallel-limb bows with or without quivers, to make sure your gear arrives safely.
- PATENTED PILLARLOCK provides added anti-crush strength and rigidity. Poly tie-downs hold your bow in place to protect your investment during travel to your next hunting...
This Plano case is a Best Seller item. You can't go wrong gifting this to a bow hunter when you're on a budget. The one-size, high-density foam bow case has a molded-in handle that makes transporting bow and arrows easy. Keeping it safe and secure is a breeze with tie-down straps, arrow holders and storage under the lid, and a crush-proof PillarLock system.
Being compact in size, it fits smaller-sized bows and interior dimensions of 42 x 16 x 5" must be considered.
23. Bow Hunting Duvet Cover
- Material: High Polyester Microfiber,Ultra Soft,Comfortable,Breathable,and Durable Material.This Vivid Modern 3D Print Bedding Set Will Take Additional Bedtime Fun and...
- Size-Queen Size - 1 Duvet Cover 90"x90"/2 Pillow Shams 20"x30".This Decorative Duvet Cover Set Does Not Include a Duvet or Comforter, A Perfect Gift for Eve of All Saints...
Designers have been hard at work coming up with unique, and quite frankly, amazing photographic prints for bow hunting-themed duvet covers.
They’re available in twin, queen, and king sizes, are machine-washable, and have convenient assembly with a hidden zipper and internal insert ties to keep the duvet in place.
Made with a 100% polyester microfiber, it’s your typical duvet cover that’s easy to clean and maintain.
Nothing says “I’m bow hunting-obsessed” better than having it on your bed.
Your Bow Hunting Gifts Wish List
Wouldn’t it be a genuine surprise if you woke up Christmas morning to find that every gift is related to bow hunting?
It ain’t gonna happen.
No one will know how to gift you if you don’t make it known.
Unless you are content with another keychain or a necklace, make it a little easier on your gift-givers by hinting at what should be under the tree this year.