Are you a little bit of a quack when it comes to ducks?
We are too!
You might not be, but if you’re looking for the perfect gift for someone who is a mad keen duck hunter, we’ve just made your life a whole lot easier.
This is a guide covers gifts for duck hunters who want more quack in their lives whether - it’s for delicious, dark meat or to support wetlands conservation efforts.
Surprise the duck hunter with a meaningful, practical, or funny gift that shows you support their quacking duck hunts!
16 Best Gifts for Duck Hunters
The first present that may come to mind is a duck call, and the best thing is, they never get old. A duck hunter can use the best duck calls to add to their lot or to upgrade and toss out an old one.
You can get creative with a gift and think outside of the box by buying a duck-themed item that your hunter can use every day – and get a laugh out of it too!
1. Pro Series Duck Call
- EASIEST BLOWING CALL WE'VE EVER PRODUCED: Research-driven design to sound exactly like a mallard hen
- WIDE RANGE OF VOCALIZATION: Piercing high end for open water applications along with a soft, raspy low end for finishing
It’s a double-reed, Tiger-wood, easy-to-use duck call that’s part of the Jase Robertson Pro Series that every duck hunter can add around their neck. The Duck Commander Jase Robertson Pro Series Duck Call is said to be the brand’s easiest duck call to blow that they’ve released to the market. The only way to know is to give it a blow, right?
Naturally imitating the mallard hen, you can go from high, desperate, and piercing calls in the open marshes to lower and raspier grunts in the flooded timbers.
2. Resin Duck Salt & Pepper Shaker
- Crafted by Hand: Meticulously hand-painted to achieve a vibrant, detailed design of an adorable mallard duck for a fun, unique accent piece on your kitchen counter or...
- Exceptionally Durable: The salt and pepper shaker set is crafted with high-quality poly resin for easy cleaning and durability; professionally coated with paint for a...
The River’s Edge Salt & Pepper Shaker isn’t just a cute, decorative piece to put on the counter of your hunting trailer or even in your kitchen. The duck comes in around 7.5" (H) x 5.5" (D) x 7.5" (W) in size. The shakers aren’t just for decoration either since they’re full-size, real glass shakers that will add charm to a duck hunter’s every day life.
The duck is made from hand-painted poly resin, and it won’t sqwark, quack, and waddle away come meal time. You might also like to check out their funny deer salt & pepper shaker - the perfect gift for deer hunters!
3. Duck Hunting Binoculars
- ED Glass for Sharper and Brighter Images | Magnification: 10x Power | Objective Lens Diameter: 42mm
- Included with Carry Case, Neck Strap, Shoulder Harness, Lens Covers and Lens Cloth
A must-have. You’re in and around wet environments, so a good pair of duck hunting binoculars must be fog and waterproof. Nitrogen or argon gases are sealed within the chambers via O-ring seals. This keeps water and fungi from getting into the optics. It also prevents condensation from forming on the inside when you’re going from your warm cab to the cold and wet air outside. While decent hunting binoculars add around a pound and a half (10x42) to your blind bag, it’s worthwhile weight.
Watch for injured birds, your retriever take-off and return with the fowl, and to admire the other wildlife that are present and unaware of you.
4. Duck Camp Dry Down Vest
A duck hunter is rarely just a “duck” hunter. There are all sorts of bird hunters like those that seek out pheasant and sharptails in the upland where it’s cold, chilly, and downright frosty. Like all types of hunting, you must dress for success.
This Dry Down Vest by Duck Camp is DWR treated. The 800 fill goose down is built for extreme comfort and warmth while you’re in the hunt, but it’s Moss color with the two-tone is flashy enough for everyday wear. Reverse the vest and you have the Midland 2.0 camo perfect for the marsh.
All pockets have fleece lining, it has woven fabric with 39 Denier for ultimate durability, and it has a high thread-count downproof poly shell. Water-resistant, warm, and available in sizes right up to XXXL.
5. Small Game & Fowl Guide
- Spiegel Grau
- Rinella, Steven (Author)
This is the Volume 2 edition of “The Complete Guide to Hunting, Butchering, and Cooking Wild Game” book that covers small game and fowl including turkey, making it a great gift for turkey hunters too!
It covers everything from essential clothing and equipment to hunting strategies and how to cook ‘em up.
This comprehensive guide was written by Steven Rinellla, the host of the MeatEater hunting show. With outdoor photographer John Hafner, Rinella is able to share stunning photographs of wild game that is sure to get your hunter revved up for the hunt and trying out some tasty recipes.
6. “I Still Play Duck Duck Goose” T-Shirt
- This awesome I still Play Duck Duck Goose Hunting shirt is the perfect Hunting gift idea for family and friends who love Duck Hunting American Flag USA Duck Hunter t...
- Funny Duck hunting themed T shirt gift for Duck Hunters, deer Hunters. Wear it on Holidays, Christmas, Halloween, and on BBQ parties. Get it as a gift for Hunting Dad or...
There are those children’s games that never get old regardless of your age. That’s made clear with this humorous t-shirt.
This is the kind of shirt that makes a great gift idea because it’s both true and funny. It’s also available in multiple sizes, styles, and colors. You can play around with what color combo and fit best suits your waterfowl hunter. Made with 100% combed cotton, or a cotton-poly blend depending on your color choice, it’s both soft and strong.
7. Glacier Glove Decoy Gloves
- 2mm fleece lined neoprene
Think about it – handling decoys, retrieving ducks, and sitting and waiting in wet environments is cold work. An appreciated and practical gift idea for a duck hunter is a set of neoprene 2mm fleece-lined decoy gloves. They hold up to the hard work of waterfowl hunting and will do the job plus some like keeping the hunter’s mitts warm and dry.
These are elbow length, have grippy sharkskin textured palms, are 100% waterproof, and they have the RealTree Max 5 HD pattern.
8. ALPS OutdoorZ Legend Layout Blind
- No assembly required, patent-pending chair design provides the most comfortable layout blind seat on the market
- Waterproof tarpaulin floor to protect you and your gear
Not every hunter uses a layout blind, but once you do, you tend to never go back. This Legend Layout Blind holds a 300 lb weight capacity which is important to know because it has a zero-gravity chair built into the design that keeps you off the ground. It’s comfy, also keeps your head supported with a padded headrest, and the floor is waterproof, so you’ll stay dry.
The entire contraption needs no assembly, but you can fold the hold thing up and wear it like a backpack for convenient portability. Is your gift recipient a layout hunter? They may very well be one after receiving a gift like this!
9. Duck Camp Waxed Canvas Gun Sleeve
Protect your shotgun from scratches and exposure to the elements with a high-quality gun sleeve made from waxed cotton canvas. The Duck Camp Gun Sleeve also has a tricot lining that’s soft and provides the padding to protect the gun – your main tool in duck shooting.
It’s 59” long and has a 9” opening with a flexible Velcro attachment system that allows for either a shotgun or rifle to fit. To gift a hunter a sleeve that doesn’t cost a fortune but is still trendy and high-end at the same time is a win-win kind of deal.
10. Mojo Decoys Mud Seat
- The most comfortable, stable, and user-friendly seat available to hunters and people of the outdoors. It is sturdy, lightweight, and portable. It couldn’t be better!
- It is constructed of a rugged steel shaft and supports, and is adjustable for seat height and length of insertion into the mud.
When you’re in the marshes, you need a seat that’s unique to all seats – a mud seat. A good marsh seat should have steel supports securely fastened to the center shaft to hold up to the spread when inserted into the swamp. It should be lightweight and easy to transport with a strap. It should be adjustable in seat height and length for the perfect setup in the mud. It should be easy to clean with no fancy cushioning to raise the cost or make the spraying-off process difficult.
The marsh seat of this description is the Mojo Decoys Mud Seat. Get one for your wetland hunter. No more need be said.
11. PEET Boot Dryer and Warmer
- Works silently: The Original 2-Shoe Dryer works silently by gently warming air that rises and dries footwear; No loud fans blowing hot air
- Dries most footwear overnight: Drying time depends on material and saturation level; We recommend leaving shoes on the dryer overnight for best results
Wet feet are part of the business and fun, but it’s no fun when they’re still wet the next day when you slip your dry socks into a squishy, squelching boot.
Get a boot dryer to do the job overnight. The PEET boot dryer gets the job done between 3-8 hours all the while deodorizing your boots at the same time. It’s compatible with many types of materials, uses very little electrical energy, and it comes with a 25-year warranty.
With this type of practical gift, you can’t go wrong. An ideal gift for bowhunters too!
12. Backpack for the Waterfowl Hunter
- Self-standing hard bottom prevents bag from falling over and doubles as an extra compartment for storage
- Carry all your gear with the drop down gun boot, hard sunglass case, shell loops, choke tube holders and water bottle pocket
Packing a ton of gear is nothing new to a hunter. Being able to stow it all in an organized manner will be. The ALPS OutdoorZ Backpack Blind Bag stays upright, thanks to the self-standing hard bottom. You can also have padded shoulder straps and a waist belt for ultimate comfort.
You have loops galore on this bag with game loops on the shoulder straps, shell loops on the front pocket, and a drop down gun boot to get you safely to and from the blind without an accidental discharge.
13. Duck Call Lanyard
- 1. HAND MADE with HIGH QUALITY---made of premium military grade 60 feet real nylon 550lb paracord to withstand the toughest environments which we have tested in the...
- 2. HOLDS 11 CALL SECURELY---adjustable loops that securely hold 11 calls in place.Also comes with upgraded REMOVABLE CLIPS, you can remove any unnessary loops according...
Don’t let your hunter lose all his investments with a cheesy and flimsy lanyard. You need to get him or her a lanyard that can hold up to the harsh abuse of being out in the field while still being able to hold onto all the gear your hunter is trudging along with them. This is where Gloryfire comes in with their duck call lanyard to save the hunting season.
A double loop can hold one duck call making for 5 calls on one lanyard. Plus, it wouldn’t be completely practical if it wasn’t military-grade 550 paracord with 60 feet of unbraided length. Now, that’s a practical gift a waterfowl hunter could use!
14. Camo Bootfoot Waders
- WATERPROOF – 3.5mm premium neoprene construction is triple stitched seams and glued and taped for dependable protection
- BOOTS – 600-gram Thinsulate boots with wool felt midsole and a cleated outsole
Chest waders aren't cheap, but you're right on the mark if you've got 200 bucks to spend. The Frogg Toggs Amphib Camo Bootfoot Waders are insulated to 600 grams in the boots with reinforced knee pads and 3.5mm neoprene upper stretch liner and jersey shell.
Dual D ring attachments, triple-finished seams, and a fleece-lined hand-warmer chest pocket complete the look. It's all comfort and warmth while duck hunting this season!
15. Duck Hunting Decoys
It's time to get realistic about your expectations with duck hunting, and it starts with your decoys. Don't have any? Good thing for you, Dakota does.
The Decoy X-treme Mallard Decoys come in a 12 pack that attract curious waterfowl that could end up being your lucky shot. With six different head styles to choose from that all swivel 360 degrees and are slightly oversized at 16" long, you'll never need another decoy set again.
This a top gift idea for your duck hunter friend, they will love you for it!
Gift Ideas for Duck Hunters with Quack in their Blood
If you know a fowl hunter with a little quack in their blood, you’ll know this is more than just an addiction – it’s an obsession, a way of life.
But quackers are focused on getting out there in the field, and they’re not spending their time looking for the perfect gifts to gift themselves.
Help out the quackers and get them a little something that would make them quack up laughing or upgrade one of their most essential pieces of equipment.
Get in the mood to get generous this hunting or holiday season. After all, duck nuts work hard. It’s time to give back.
More Gift Giving Guides...
- Best Gift Ideas for Hunters - Presents From Under $10 to $1000+
- Gifts for Deer Hunters: Unique Ideas for 2022
- Best Gifts for Turkey Hunters: Practical & Funny Ideas for 2022
- Unique Gifts for Bowhunters: Useful Ideas for 2022
Simon is an avid outdoor enthusiast and the owner of Target Tamers. He is passionate about bringing you the most up to date, accurate & understandable information on sports optics of all kinds and for all applications. When not glassing the local wildlife, you can find him in the garden with his German Shepherd.