It’s time to switch things up with a little role reversal…
If you’re usually the one that hears the hunting stories, packs the snacks, and cooks the meat from last season’s hunt – it’s your turn to play hunter.
First lesson: Know what you’re hunting for.
Don’t be left empty handed or searching for last-minute gift ideas this gift-giving season or upcoming birthday.
This list of the best gifts for deer hunters should make the process easier for you.
Think of it as a guided hunt to filling your gift-giving tag.
24 Best Gifts for Deer Hunters
Deer hunting is so much more than just having a rifle and a tag. When you’re adding up all the gear a hunter needs to make it to the end of a hunt, it can get expensive quickly.
Ease the costs for a hunter by buying them something they wouldn’t necessarily buy for themselves as they may see it as a luxury item.
Spoil them with any of the deer hunting gifts below to make their next hunt extra special.
1. Mossy Oak Hunting Field Dressing Kit
- ✅ 8 Piece Big Game Field Dressing Kit In Box: 8-3/4" Wood/Bone Saw, Steel Stick/Brisket Spreader, 7.5" Caping Knife, 9.5" Gut Hook Skinner, 10" Boning Knife, Tungsten...
- ✅ 8.7" Wood & Bone Saw: This bone saw with the clever blunt hooked tip would avoid breaking the bladder or intestines virtually, ensuring meat not harmed during...
How do you show a hunter that you invest in them and their passion? Get them something they can use out in the field!
This Mossy Oak Hunting Field Dressing Kit comes complete with a gut hook skinner, caping knife, boning knife, wood and bone saw, brisket spreader, knife sharpener, and gloves.
The stainless-steel tools have full tangs with camo handles and everything is stored within a sturdy black hardcase.
If your hunter likes to dress the kill themselves – they’ll need some high-end tools to get it done.
2. Deer Calls
- Extinguisher deer call: With patented Modislide adjusts to sound like a Buck, a Doe or a Fawn in an instant. It also serves to free the call from a "freeze-up"
- Approval: NAHC Field Test, highest ever by a deer call; A must have for the serious deer hunter
Raise your hunter’s success stakes by getting them an Illusions Systems Combo Kit. It’s a complete kit that includes the #1 rated Extinguisher deer call with its realistic sounds. It can help you achieve multiple types of calls imitating a buck, fawn, or doe by instantly making use of the modiSlide. You don’t have to take this thing apart or adjust it – simply slide it.
The kit isn’t complete without the black rack for raking and luring those hot and heavy bucks in after you’ve caught their attention with the deer call. It might take some practice getting the techniques right, but you can’t argue with results.
Even better, an instructional DVD is included to get you started communicating with your prey today!
3. .308 Bullet Bottle Opener Keychain
It’s a small gift, but it’s convenient and cool. This bottle opener is not your regular bottle opener as it’s a .308 nickel-plated keychain as well, and it’s likely your hunter uses a .308 rifle to take down deer – it’s an extremely popular, if not the most popular, caliber for deer hunting in the U.S.
This casing was actually a once-fired bullet, so it has that unique history turned into something practical as well as a keep-sake. Have it engraved and pop open a beer after you’ve gifted it!
Make a statement with your present that you know a little something about your deer hunter and what puts that meat on the table – a well-placed .308.
4. Thermacell MR3 Portable Mosquito Repellent
- TURN IT ON… MOSQUITOES GONE: Thermacell Portable Mosquito Repellent creates a 15-foot zone of protection against mosquitos. Ideal for camping, fishing, hunting,...
- HEAT-ACTIVATED: No cords or batteries. Powered by a safe and compact 12-hour fuel cartridge (included), repel without smoke, flames, or citronella. Not a messy trap or...
It doesn’t seem to matter where you hunt, the mozzies will make a beeline to their sweet-tasting blood source – you. Protect yourself and your hunter with a portable mosquito repellent that is a scent-free, portable repellent device with a 15-foot force field-like effective zone range.
It provides 12-hour protection to free you of the pesty pests. It requires fuel cartridges that fuels the closed-flame system and repellent mats that are heat-activated. The green finish is great for the outdoors, but there is also the MR300F that comes with a camo holster.
Don’t let your deer hunter be the hunted!
5. All Santa's Reindeer Hunting Gift T-Shirt
- Funny Christmas Deer Hunting design - Santas reindeer Deer Meat is great to make sausage, jerky chili, tacos, bbq, back strap, burgers, stews, and don't forget to use...
- Great hunter for the funny hunter who likes puns. All of Santa's Reindeer. Meat eaters Deer Hunters. Santas Reindeer Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner,...
Some designers have a knack for coming up with awesome graphic designs for hunting t-shirts, and this one is bound to rack in more than a few laughs.
The t-shirt can be bought in both women’s and men’s fits and are available in different styles, colors, and sizes. There’s no way you won’t find a shirt with this print that they won’t like and can’t fit.
Made with cotton or cotton-poly, it’s a convenient material for smooth graphic designs, but it’s also soft, strong, and durable for the wearer. Whether your deer hunter uses a rifle, or is a bowhunter, you won't go wrong with this gift.
6. Rifle Scope
- The Diamondback 4-12x40 riflescope is one of multiple configurations in the Diamondback lineup and is ideal for big game, predator/varmint, muzzleloader, slug shotgun,...
- Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for any hunting or shooting at varying ranges where estimating hold-over would be a concern.
Unless your hunter is especially adept at using iron sights, they’re using a scope to take down their game. Be the generous type of gift-giver by upgrading their rifle scope for them.
Improved glass quality and coatings increase light transmission for clearer, brighter seeing. Well-made precision reticles or turrets make for accurate shots. Whether an unaware deer is sub-250 yards away or if a trophy bull just stepped onto a ridge requiring a long-range adjustment to get dead-on, precision is required.
But, of course, for it to be an upgrade, it should be better than what is currently on the rifle. You may want to be sneaky and check it out during off-season so you can better prep your hunter with an amazing gift surprise come hunting season!
- STAINLESS STEEL: Made with stainless steel, it is perfect for making beef jerky, fruit, dog treats, yogurt and much more
- DESIGNED IN CALIFORNIA: Comes with 6 Stainless Steel Trays, 1 Mesh Screen, 1 Fruit Roll Sheet,and 1 Recipe
Your hunter dressed the deer at the site and brought home the goods. You’re processing the good stuff, but you want to leave some for jerky. You’ll need a dehydrator for that.
This machine is a long-running, highly-durable, and high-performing workhorse to process all the meat you expect to have from a successful hunting season. The COSORI Premium Food Dehydrator is quite, has a digital control panel for easy use, and it reaches accurate, high temperatures of 95-165F-degrees.
It’s made from stainless steel and comes with 6 stainless steel trays, a fruit roll sheet, and a mesh tray. With several hundreds of happy owners chiming in about it, it’s obvious that it’s approved by the masses for recommendation.
8. #69 Doe-in-Rut Buck Lure
- Natural doe estrous;Collected from live whitetails during the estrous cycle;Tink's special ingredient to attract bucks
How do you distract a buck from a live doe? Use TINKS. The Doe-in-Rut buck lure is one of the best ways to naturally catch the attention of a buck pre-rut and during. Soak your rag with this stuff, use it on your drag, and watch the bucks come in curious and drooling.
It’s 100%, all-natural doe urine collected from live whitetails during their estrous period. There’s nothing like the scent of a hot doe that’ll lure in a buck faster than this stuff!
9. We the People Holsters Gear
There are hunters that carry a pistol during scouting and the hunt. With hunting gear on, an OWB (Outside the Waistband) holster makes sense but there may be a preference for an IWB (Inside the Waistband) holster.
We the People Holsters has a huge inventory of precision molded Kydex holsters. I tested the OWB Glock 17 holster with a cut for a red dot and room for a streamlight. It fit excellently, held retention decently, and it’s listed at an inexpensive price point that fits the budget as an affordable gift.
I personally prefer IWB holsters, so the Ruger LC9 IWB is perfect for my small self-defense sidearm that I always have on my person – hunting season or not. It has the sought-after “snap” as the trigger guard is secured, and the installed Holster Claw improves the tension pressure to remove as much print as possible to provide maximum concealment.
If it’s legal in the state to carry a sidearm during hunting season, it’s mostly personal preference as to whether one is packed during the hunt in the field or the woods. Never knowing what kind of circumstances a hunter can find themselves in, having that extra sidearm and perhaps an extra IWB mag carrier can be a life-saving measure if the unthinkable occurs. Is it a good gift idea? No, these are great gift ideas!
10. Legendary Whitetail Clothing
It's un-American not to own some sort of hunting apparel. Get your hunter a Legendary Whitetail 100% cotton long-sleeved shirt with a Big Camo collar to really express his style. The hoodies are 70% cotton and 30% polyester with kangaroo pockets and a ripped neck.
Multiple colors and sizes are available to fit the manly frame of your hunter. They're so affordable, you may as well get both the hoodie and shirt for a total of 50 bucks!
11. Multus Deer Drag
- MAKE HAULING EASIER: Our hunter safety deer drag provides you every way to lift and drag deer by hand under the sun in one convenient and thoughtfully designed dragger...
- QUALITY THAT MATTERS: The deer drag is made using lightweight yet durable Polyester safety reflective webbing along with HDPE compact strong and durable handle. We use...
When you’re not processing your kill at the showdown site but taking it home to dress instead, you’ll need a convenient way to haul it out of there. With a small, lightweight system that fits in your hunting pocket, you can drag the deer all the way to the bed of your pickup.
That’s exactly what the Multus Perfect Deer Drag allows you to do. It’s a reflective orange strap system that comes with a handle to make pulling and lifting the deer easier. You don’t even have to drag it yourself if you’ve brought along an ATV – tie it up to the hitch and drag it back to the truck.
It has a 400 lb capacity with up to 6 feet (approx.) strap length. With the adjustable pin, you can adjust the length. This thing is so convenient to have that you may as well buy two!
12. Letter Openers Deer Knife W/Antler Display Stand
- Printed Metal Blade
- 6 in tall, 10.5 in long, 4 in deep
Walk into the home of any hunter and what do you see? Hunting memorabilia, antlers, and pelts on display. A meaningful gift to a hunter is something they can show off and be proud to put on display next to their trophies. This letter opener deer knife that can be mounted to the included antler display stand is a stunning gift that your hunter will be proud to add to their collection.
Made with cold cast resin and aged bone, the knife has a hand-painted buck standing amongst the timber. The entwined, standing antlers and tree trunk finish the authentic display that’s worthy of any avid hunter’s attention.
13. Kryptek Aegis Jacket
Hunters are outdoorsmen and if your gift-recipient has a tag for the December hunt, keep them warm when they’ll be hunting in cold temperatures.
The Kryptek Aegis Jacket is made for withstanding the elements as it’s completely waterproof, windproof, and should be worn in cold to extreme cold conditions. It has a 100% polyester tricot outershell, body mapping insulation, hand warming pockets, adjustable and detachable hood, chin rash guard, and more.
This is a fantastic gift as your hunter doesn’t have to shiver in the treestand anymore. We also think this jacket would make a great duck hunting gift for waterfowlers.
14. Laser Rangefinder
- The Ranger 1800 rangefinder is easy to use and features a clean, illuminated display and highly intuitive menu. The Ranger 1800 is capable of ranging up to 1,800 yards.
- The primary HCD mode displays an angle compensated distance that is ideal for the majority of hunters and shooters. An advanced LOS mode provides you the option to...
You might not know what a laser rangefinder is for, but a hunter sure does. When you don’t have a distance, you won’t have confidence in a kill-shot. Laser rangefinders are a must-have accessory. See the deer, range the deer, holdover or adjust the turrets, and shoot the deer.
These rangefinders are at the top of their game in the field. Long-range distances, angle compensation, and lightweights with some flashy finishes will turn your hunter on.
15. Funny Deer Hunting Tree Stand T-Shirt
- I Stopped By Your Stand Today But You Were At Work Deer is great for those hunters who love a challenge in the outdoors and love to hunt! Get this tee for men and women...
- Wear these funny deer hunting shirts for men while out hunting with friends and family. Enjoy the season of deer hunting and camping with this deer hunter t-shirt. Great...
Says the deer to the hunter, “I stopped by the stand today… you were at work!” This is something almost every hunter can relate to. The antlered beasts finally make an appearance when it’s past legal light on the last day of the hunt or while you’re at work.
To lift spirits and trigger a smile, gift your hunter something that can bring a little humor into their lives especially when a season has passed without filling a tag. What better way to do it than with something they have to wear? It’s a way to spread the cheer.
Aavailable in different styles, colors, and sizes, you can order one of these funny deer hunting T-shirts now and bring on a smile and a laugh sooner rather than later.
16. Odor Elimination
- OZONE ODOR ELIMINATOR MACHINE: The OZ Radial EZ uses ozone technology to naturally destroy almost all types of odors. This portable ozone generator was designed to...
- SCENTS DON'T STAND A CHANCE: The generator is a perfect fit for campsites, closets, medium-sized rooms, and other close quarters. The OZ Radial EZ has a 360-degree output...
Ditch the masks and sprays this hunting season for a portable Ozone Generator. It deodorizes all your hunting apparel, including carbon, equipment, and gear to give you a scent-free start at the hunt. Let’s face it, we don’t always have the advantage of having the wind in our faces, and the Ozone generator puts the favor back in our cards when there’s a herd nearby.
Utilizing three extremely reactive oxygen molecules, the Ozone works to eliminate smoke, body odor, and bacteria that game can smell. Store it in your hunting bag between hunts, and you’ll be ready for when you hit the ground to track your buck.
17. Hunting Game Cart
- Hunting hauler cart for transporting game weighing up to 550lbs.
- Heavy-duty steel construction provides plenty of strength for hauling heavy loads.
Taking down any game from wild hogs to deer, elk, and moose is an ego-stroking experience, but dragging it back to the truck is a feat in itself.
Save your hunter's back with a Super Mag Hauler Steel Hunting Deer Game Cart. Its center of gravity is spot on making it easy to tote and drag from point A to point B. It has a 550 lb max weight capacity with 20 inch puncture-proof, solid tires.
It even comes with a two buckle strap to secure your load. For easy transport and storage, just fold it down - voila!
18. Hunting Binoculars
- 10x magnification & 50mm objective lenses, these Crossfire HD binos are optimized with select glass elements to deliver exceptional resolution, cut chromatic aberration...
- Fully multi-coated lenses increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces. Roof prism design is valued for greater...
There’s only so much you can see with your own pair of eyes when you’re in the hunt. Whether you’re sitting up in a treestand or stalking out the deer trails, a hunter will need binoculars to scan the terrain and keep a distance.
They don’t have to be the most expensive pair in the market, but well-coated optics, a weatherproof build, and a lightweight pair can make all the difference. Higher magnification is nice to have, but it will be harder to use free-hand without a tripod. Larger objective lenses allow for better low light use, but they are heavier. So, try to be a little more specific about what binoculars will suit their needs.
The best binoculars will have rugged performance, allow for quick deployment, and will be bright, clear, focused, and comfortable to use. A hunter can’t do without one and they also make a great gift for turkey hunters.
19. Genesis Compound Bow
- Official bow of the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP).
- Great starter bow for archers of all ages, sizes and athletic abilities. With no specific draw length requirement, kids can't outgrow this bow.
Looking to inspire your child to get into hunting? Start them off with gifting them a compound bow to practice. Set up your own target range with a backstop in the back yard and prep your kid to get excited about one day joining the hunt.
Genesis compound bows are the official bow of choice for the NASP (National Archery Schools Program). They’re made in the USA, designed to fit all users of all sizes, and the draw weight is adjustable all the way down to 10 lbs.
A single cam makes things a whole lot easier for the beginner bow shooter, and accessories are included in the buy so the youngin’ can get nocking right away!
20. Summit Treestand Viper SD
Does your hunter need a treestand upgrade? Spoil them with a Viper SD treestand that has all the works.
It comes with a full-body fall arrest harness system, aluminum construction, and holds a max weight capacity of 300 lbs. There are plenty of key features that includes a closed-front system, quick-release belt buckle seat, full back rest, and padded arm rests.
With features such as Dead Metal for sound dampening benefits for the aluminum tubing, Rapid Climb stirrups for making quick work to get up where you need to be, and Quick Draw for a fast and quiet cable attachment system, your hunter can be comfortable, safe, and improve success at the same time.
21. Barronett Pentagon Hunting Blind
This mesh camo 5-sided ground blind is one of the larger ones in the market that allows you to comfortably fit up to three adults inside with four as a tight fit; it ought to since it provides 41.5 square footage of space. It’s 72” (H) x 96” (L) x 96” (W) in size, has noiseless windows with toggle and loop connections, and low-profile and peek windows.
To stay hidden but always prepared, a hunting blind would make a very nice, practical gift for the person who will be putting meat on the table.
22. BenchMaster Ground Blind Shooting Chair
If you considered buying a hunting blind, you may as well add a shooting chair to the cart too! Having a blind is great, but a chair would keep them comfortable which means they can stay out longer. A shooting rest means they can be at the ready the entire time.
This 4-legged shooting chair is adjustable, comes with a shooting rest that can be positioned for either left or right-handed shooters, rotates silently for 360-degree movement, and it folds up for convenient portability.
You’ve got to love what Bench Master says about it, “A shooting chair without an armrest is just a chair.” Keep your hunter well-prepared in comfort.
23. Kryptek Nightfall 1-person Tent
Camping overnight during hunting season is the norm, but while many are pulling their camping trailers, not everyone likes to be indoors when you have the chance to be under the stars. That’s where Kryptek comes in with their Nightfall 1-person tent.
It’s built as a 3-season tent that’s incredibly lightweight at approximately 3.5 lbs. Only two aluminum poles hold this shelter up to a height of 44”. You have multiple types of polyester as the main fabric to construct this tent, and it also comes with a full-coverage fly that keeps you dry when the weather is less than cooperative.
When you’re hauling your shelter or you desire a fast, no-fuss setup, turn to the lightweight, compact, and comfortable Nightfall tent.
Taking on the Gift-Giving Hunt
Just like how a hunter must be prepared for the hunt, you must be too.
It’s time for you to call shot gun and take the wheel to play the hunter role and for the hunter to be your prey.
Any one of these duck hunting gifts will be a hit with your hunter. When you hear that it was used to improve their chances of success in the field or see the smile of approval on their face, you’ll know you did good.
Get on the gift-giving hunt and let your present mean something this year. If you need even more options, we did an article showcasing the 89 best gifts for hunters you can find.
With a list like this, there is no excuse to gift socks or a tie. Step out of the stereotype and think like a deer hunter!
More Gift Giving Guides...
- Best Hunting Gifts - Presents From Under $10 to $1000+
- Unique Gifts for Bowhunters: Useful Ideas for 2022
- Gifts for Turkey Hunters: Practical & Funny Ideas for 2022
- Best Gifts for Duck Hunters & Waterfowlers in 2022
Simon is an avid outdoor enthusiast and the owner of Target Tamers. He is passionate about bringing you the most up to date, accurate & understandable information on sports optics of all kinds and for all applications. When not glassing the local wildlife, you can find him in the garden with his German Shepherd.