Last Updated on
The secret to buying a premium binocular is to cash in on one without buyer’s remorse.
For the kind of money you’ll be shelling out, we can promise you no rock will go unturned, every brand will be tortuously scrutinized, and every hundred dollars will be well-spent.
Just be warned, these binoculars aren’t for the faint of heart.
If you dare to venture on, do so with safety clips around your wallet if you want to make the best buy!
QUICK LIST: 4 Best High End Binoculars In 2019
Best Premium Binoculars (Over $1000) for 2019
Now the competition in this category is downright cutthroat. And, unfortunately there’s only enough word count and enough money to pick the best of the very best.
Only the very impassioned and dedicated hunters will buy in this price range because simply stating these binoculars as expensive is an understatement. These beauts shouldn’t be handled by inexperienced clumsies, but instead, they should be revered and handled with the utmost respect in a seasoned hunters leathered hands.
So, what should you expect to see with these good-enough-to-sell-a-kidney-for binoculars?
The best glass, unrivaled coatings, a provocative build, and a well-made and intuitive additional feature or two.
The Best Binocular Brands
|Swarovski EL Range 10X42||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Swarovski EL 42 10X42||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Zeiss Victory HT 8X42||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Steiner NightHunter LRF 8x30||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Zeiss 20X60 T* S||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|MeoStar B1 10X42 HD||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Our 4 Top High-End Binoculars (+ 2 Honorable Mentions)
Swarovski EL Range 10X42
- Magnification: 10x
- Effective objective lens diameter: 42mm
- Exit pupil diameter: 4.2mm
- Exit pupil distance (eye relief): 17.3mm
- Field of view (ft/1000 yds / m/1000 m): 330 / 110 (ft/1000 yds / m/1000 m)6.3 deg.
Who other than the best to claim the #1 spot in this category? The Swarovski EL Range 10X42 is certainly more than what mere words can describe.
With SwaroBright, SwaroAim, and the FieldPro package all wrapped up in a svelte package, you’ll have no choice but to bend your knee to this beauty. You’ll probably have more than what you will ever need, but what heck, you may as well have it anyway.
And, with a built-in inclinometer, you know what this means right? It’s a laser rangefinding binocular too! To see how this $3000+ device integrates both rangefinding and binocular technology into one, feel free to take our review as seriously as you want.
Swarovski EL 42 10X42
- This purchase Includes: Swarovski Optic EL 10x42 Binocular, Field Bag, Eyepiece Cover, Objective Lens Cover, Lift Carrying Strap, Swarovski Optic Lifetime Limited
- Magnification: 10x
- Submersion tightness up to 13 ft.(4m) deep
- Lifetime for optics and 10 years for other parts
- SWAROVISION, SWAROBRIGHT and SWAROCLEAN technologies
And again, Swarovski snags another spot in the top 3 reveal with the new to 2016 Swarovski EL 42 10X42.
With SwaroVision, SwaroClean, and SwaroBright technologies, it’s every part the above-mentioned EL Range non-laser rangefinding counterpart.
At only $2600 – yes, I said “only”, you know you’re getting premium quality right here. Claiming the #1 and #2 spot for this category, I think you’re now ready to read the entire collection of our Swarovski binocular reviews.
Zeiss Victory HT 8X42
- Exclusive Schott HT High-Transmission glass
- Enhanced T coatings for 95% light transmission
- FL lens system for supreme color fidelity
- Comfort focus concept and easy-grip barrels for superior ergonomics
- Best usage for hunting, marine, astronomy
Aren’t you glad that Zeiss finally appears in this reveal? I sure am since the Victory HT 8X42 is part of the flagship optic line for Zeiss.
Dare I say that Zeiss’ glass is the best in the world? – and that’s because it’s coming straight from Schott. Optically, the quality glass will be more than you could ever need on a binocular, and it’s worth every penny.
Schott HT High-Transmission glass with fluoride, LotuTec coatings, and Comfort Focus technology has been put together to create one state-of-the-art masterpiece binocular. And, since these aren’t the final words on the Victory bino, you really should get the entire low down from the review.
Steiner Nighthunter LRF 8X30
- Instant laser-accurate ranging to 1,860 yards, Scan mode to continuously measure moving targets
- Porro Prism design produces three-dimensional depth perception and massive field of view to quickly locate and accurately evaluate your target
- Sports-auto Focus System lets you Focus each Eyepiece to your vision once, then keeps images Razor sharp from 20 yards to Infinity. No more chasing Focus on moving...
- N2 Injection System seals 14-psi pressurized dry Nitrogen into the optic, for fog proof clarity in any Condition - from artic cold to Desert heat
- Makrolon housing is durable Polycarbonate with NBR long life rubber armoring, creating a lightweight, rugged chassis that withstands 11 gs of impact. Impervious to harsh...
The Nighthunter LRF 8X30 also earned a spot on this list for its awesome laser rangefinding abilities. In fact, this Steiner will range out to 1860-yards!
Costing somewhere between $1800-$2000 it has the individual Sports-Auto Focus System, is waterproof to 16 feet, and is pretty much indestructible.
It also has a high definition, fully multi-coated porro prism design for a rich depth of field and optical superiority.
If compact, lightweight 3D viewing sounds good to you, money invested in a Nighthunter will be money well spent.
- Made in Germany
- 20x magnification with image stabilizing gyro provides shake-free long distance viewing
- Premium lens coatings and high-performance optical glass for bright and razor-sharp image quality
- Comes with rugged carrying case for ease of transport
The Zeiss 20X60 T* S Image Stabilization binocular is a whopping $8000, but it’s going to be your low light champion forever! And, while the image stabilization feature is really doggone cool, the 20X60 platform is just not practical for hunters – and perhaps the price range too.
- MEOBRIGHT ion assisted lens multi-coatings deliver an outstanding 99.7% light transmission per lens surface
- MEOSHIELD coating protects exposed lens surfaces from abrasion
- FLOURIDE (HD) objective lenses eliminate chromatic aberrations (color fringing) and deliver vivid, razor-sharp images with exceptional brightness
- MAGNESIUM lightweight chassis for a comfortable carry in the field
- WATERPROOF & FOGPROOF 100% Sealed
This MeoStar B1 10X42 HD binocular has it all… MeoBright, MeoShield, industry-leading light transmission, ED Glass with flouride and HD lenses on a Schmidt-Pechan prism assembly for much less than what you’d guess!
What to Look for in a Binocular Over $1000
It might sound controversial, but the truth is, it’s less about magnification and more about quality glass when it comes to the gut-wrenching price ranges for peerless binoculars. The good news is, most luxury brands source their glass from world-renown glass authorities. It’s then processed through excruciating procedures that are top-secret and only known to them – trust me, I’ve tried to pry their lips open.
Getting the most practical binocular in this price range means high-end glass, premium glass coatings, and dual focus systems for those very fine adjustments for pristine image quality. Specifically, here’s what you’re going to want to look for when shopping amongst these exceptional binoculars:
- Quality glass: Includes premium glass elements Ex. ED, HD, etc.
- Quality glass coatings: Includes layered coatings, mirror and phase-correction coatings, and weather, scratch, and debris repellent coatings.
- High-end focus system: This includes dual focus, fast-focus, and IF systems.
- Eye relief 15-20 mm: Without decent eye relief, your bino is useless to glass with.
- Tripod adaptable: Expensive can sometimes mean bigger. Mount for the moments you need it most.
- Quality warranties: Have the assurance that your premium bino is fully covered for any unforeseen damage.
Go Broke or Go Home!
Since we’re obsessed with optics, we’d give our last dollar to own a premium binocular that the majority of our hunting peers can only dream about. Are you just as obsessed?
These world-class brands with their refined reputations will eliminate every shadow of that doubtful buyer’s remorse.
Looking for the right features that maximize your activity-specific needs will be the key to buying successfully. However, you don’t shop around these luxury brands unless you’ve got the cash to lay down on one. Be prepared to go broke, or go home!