Last Updated on
As hunters, bow shooters in our spare time, and aspiring master archers, we’re all shopping with one thing in common: a budget.
Some budgets are tighter than others, but we’re all after the best deal possible without compromising on quality. But, is that realistic?
Are there quality bow sights under 100 bucks?
If you’re trying to avoid the junk and speed walk your way to the best cheap bow sights that will make a difference in the field, you’ve hit the jack pot. This is the lineup you need to know!
QUICK LIST: Best Bow Sight Under $100 in 2019
Best Bow Sights Under $100 Comparison
|Trophy Ridge Fix Series||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|IQ Bowsights Micro||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|TRUGLO Carbon Hybrid Micro||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Trophy Ridge Joker||VIEW ON AMAZON|
The beginner bow hunter that’s just starting out has a lot to think about between the bow, arrows, targets, and bow sight. Hearing the ka-ching ka-chings of what it’s going to cost you for the many things you need can be deafening. Not to mention, the cost of camo, tree stands mounts, additional optics, and all the time you’ll need to invest in practicing and improving your skills will all require money, honey.
Fortunately, there’s a few places you can save a few bucks on including your choice of bow sight. We sifted through enough dime-a-dozen bow sights that don’t deserve a mention and have provided the ones that serve as a great deal when you consider the quality to cost ratio.
It’s not practical for everyone to spend maximum dollars on a professional bow sight. Not every hunter is trudging through brush or stretching the tape for a long-range shot. But, every hunter wants decent build quality, bright pins, dependable accuracy, and acceptable ease of use.
Expect beginner, entry-level quality and standard features in this price range. But, it wouldn’t be the best bow sight lineup if we didn’t throw out a couple models with some of the latest features while staying under budget.
Remember, there’s a difference between cheap bow sights and bow sights you can get for cheap. We opt for the latter while maintaining our standards. We don’t have to resort to “cheap quality” to get nocked in today. Here’s how you do it right with a hundred bucks in your pocket!
Our 4 Top Cheap Bow Sights Less Than $100
Trophy Ridge Fix Series
- Dependable precision with micro-adjustable pins
- Ultimate visibility with ultra-bright .019 horizontal fiber optic pins
- Heightened accuracy over longer distances with second-axis adjustment
- Adjust brightness to suit any Shooting Condition with the rheostat light
- Pin adjustment tool stores on sight
The Fix bow sights is a series of identical models save for the number of pins in the sight housing. You can choose between a 3, 5, or 7-pin model and expect the same great features that is consistent along the series.
What are the great features that puts the Fix at the top of the lineup? You can make tool-free gang adjustments and lock ’em in place with the locking nuts. Micro adjustments with the onboard tool couldn’t be easier since you’ll never misplace it because it’s stored on the sight.
4 mounting positions, an included sight light, and better than average build quality are features that caught our attention. Its popularity rate also helped this affordable bow sight swing to the top of the charts. It’s been approved by the masses and us!Read Full Review
IQ Bowsights Micro
- RETINA LOCK TECHNOLOGY - Controls muscle memory, form and consistency, allowing you to shoot longer distances with tighter groups. Provides instant feedback that will...
- MICRO ADJUST KNOBS - Allowing quick and simple adjustment of the elevation and windage to precise positions using the adjustment markings. The TOOL FREE LOCKING KNOBS...
- RIGHT HAND, 3 PINS - .019 Fiber Optic Pins. Stack tight pins, built-in sight level
- DUAL POSITION MOUNT - Gives you the ability to mount your sight to your particular shooting style
Its long-time popular rank and approval by the bow shooting community has this sight coming in among the top picks. It’s affordable, has advanced tech, and it has a proven track record of satisfying the need for low cost without compromising on quality.
The Micro, believe it or not, has tool-free locking knobs, micro adjustments, and IQ’s Retina Lock technology. That’s a mouthful for a bow sight that sports features that should technically kick it into the next price range up.
It wouldn’t be so popular if it didn’t provide accuracy within micro proportions as its name suggests. Drop an Abe Lincoln on this sight and expect change back. It doesn’t get much better than this.Read Full Review
TRUGLO Carbon Hybrid Micro
- Hybrid construction transfers less vibration
- Unique metal pin design for increased durability and brightness
- Extra-long fibers for maximum brightness
If you were looking for a good 5-pin bow sight that can offer a taste of a variety of features, the Carbon Hybrid Micro is it. It’s important to notice the Micro part of the product name as this model often gets confused with its older model sibling.
To be clear, this review is about the newest Carbon Hybrid sight that truly offers tool-free micro adjustments, 2nd and 3rd adjustable axes, and an extra-long, reversible bracket. As its name gives away, it’s a carbon hybrid sight that is made with both carbon and aluminum to increase strength and durability while shaving weight.
There’s a lot going on with this bow sight, so if you want a taste of what multiple features can do for your hunt, you can experiment with this TRUGLO.Read Full Review
Trophy Ridge Joker – Best Bow Sight Under $50
- Four ultra-bright .019" medium horizontal fiber optic pins for ultimate visibility
- Reversible mount design for use with left- and right-hand bows
- Properly align shots with the precision installed bubble level
- Multiple mounting holes for added customizability
- Green hood accent for quicker sight acquisition
We threw this bow sight in just for laughs – just joking! Despite its ironic name, this bow sight is no joke of a buy. It’s comes with the lowest price tag of them all.
It’s a simple and entry-level sight, but it gets the job done, and all for a steal of a price. An aluminum bracket provides strength and durability, and a highly-visible accent ring glows in the dark to draw your eye to the sight picture.
But, this economical bow sight is for fun or beginners learning their groove. If you want something cheap to start off with to test the waters, the Joker will put a smile on your face.Read Full Review
What to Look for in a Bow Sight Below $100
Spreading the cost of the scope over several features when you have a tight budget can be risky. The quality of seemingly expensive features may be questionable, or compromises may have been made elsewhere. Instead, stick with the basics and look for the signs and components that shows it’s a quality sight.
Expectations aren’t going to be super high for a scope under $100, but it doesn’t mean you just pick the first ninny you come across. Pick a couple fundamental features you really want to see done well in your bow sight and you’ll have a winner.
- Build Quality: Budget sights won’t always have the best build quality but look for aluminum brackets and sight housing to ensure durability.
- Adjustments: The majority of sights will have manual adjustments, and this is okay. Once adjustments are made, you won’t have to do it again. A combo of tool-less adjustments (primarily movement of the sight housing) and manual individual adjustments is a feature to take advantage of in this price range.
- Activity-Specific: Sights in this price range are suitable for beginners, recreational shooters, or those who don’t demand a huge amount of durability for harsh terrain in the hunt.
- Legality: Many budget bow sights should be legal in your state since they typically lack the fancy features that would be considered illegal for use. However, check to see what your local and state’s regulations are for integrated sight lights, electronics, or lasers before buying.
- Warranty: Warranties between models and brands will vary. Typically, at least a 1-year warranty from date of purchase is offered. You should inspect your bow sight upon box opening to take advantage of a return policy in case quality control is poor.
Making the Most of $100
To avoid the pitfalls of buying a dud, you must know what qualities you want and how to look for it. Buying up the cheapest bow sight with high expectations in mind or the one with multiple features that seems too good to be true may leave you disappointed.
It’s all about knowing what you want to do with your $100 bow sight and using it within its limitations. When you’re ready to take things to the next level in skill and features, you can always spend more!