Last Updated on
Are you single pin? If not, why aren’t you single pin yet?
We get how that sounds, but what we’re really interested in is getting you onto the single pin band wagon.
They’re not the slow, clumsy, and chunky sights of yore. Nowadays, they’re lightweight, highly-accurate, and super-efficient for any bow shooting application where you need precision.
It’s singles night up in here with our list of the top moveable bow sights. Let’s speed date through the options so you can strut away with your winning match of the best single pin bow sight.
QUICK LIST: Best Single Pin Bow Sights 2019
- HHA Optimizer Lite King Pin XL – Best Vertical Pin Bow Sight
- Apex Gear Covert 1-Pin – Best Single Pin Adjustable Bow Sight
- Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL – Best Single Pin Bow Sight for Hunting
Best Single Pin Bow Sights Comparison
|HHA Optimizer Lite King Pin XL||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Apex Gear Covert 1-Pin||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Single pin bow sights, moveable bow sights – same thing. They’ve been excellent scopes for various bow shooting applications, and they’re quickly gaining quite the rep in the hunting field.
The ability to dial in to an exact distance, stretch the tape for extreme long shot practice, and to have an uncluttered field of view are the primary benefits of a moveable pin. We even think they’re a good option for beginners since there’s no need for gap shooting.
It’s not uncommon to find long-time multi-pin shooters come over to the single pin side and vow they will never go back. The tighter groupings and precision that comes with matching the distance on your rangefinder with your sight tape is worth the extra step to dial it in.
Newer models feature interchangeable pin technology, an interchangeable sight tape wheel, and a 2-in-1 pin feature. Sounds mysterious? Let’s remove skepticism and turn it into devotion with our list of the best 1-pin sights in the market!
Our 3 Top Single Pin Bow Sights
HHA Optimizer Lite King Pin XL – Best Vertical Pin Bow Sight
- Sight tape magnifier allows for adjustment to the 1/4 yard
- Wheel-forward design is ideal for mounting one-piece Quiver
- Blind 20 inch
The King Pin XL single pin bow sight is all about quality, and it starts with its machined brass parts that’ll hold up to constant abuse and use out in the field. But, this King Pin wouldn’t take first place if that was all it has to offer.
An interchangeable sight tape wheel allows you to use up to 2 arrow profiles on the same bow sight. Sight them in and attach the wheel that matches the arrow you want to use. Switch it out when you want to change things up.
As an American-made bow sight from a brand that specializes in moveable sights, it was bound to come up at the top of this list. We didn’t give away all its special features here, so check out the full review to get the rest of the details.Read Full Review
Apex Gear Covert 1-Pin – Best Single Pin Adjustable Bow Sight
- Aperture housing also includes vertical and horizontal tilt adjustments
- Micro adjustable windage and elevation
- Glow in the dark shooter's ring aligns scope housing to peep
- Rear facing, easy to see yardage tape location
- Precision machined aluminum construction
Wouldn’t it be convenient to change out pin sizes as your situation calls for it? Long range practice sessions will demand a pin that’s small, and what pin is more appropriate than a .010″? But, when you’re in the hunt and taking shots less than 40 yards, the new standard size of .019″ will more than get the job done.
The Covert Single Pin bow sight offers the flexibility of having both size pins in your arsenal, and no, it’s not a 2-pin sight. This unique sight has Versa Pin technology where you can easily and conveniently switch out a .019″ and .010″ pin as you need. Guess what? You can even change the pin color when you switch out the pin.
The Covert 1-Pin sight won’t break the bank, so make sure you look over other necessary features you might need to consider before buying out the store!Read Full Review
Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL – Best Single Pin Bow Sight for Hunting
- Fast Eddie XL Long Bar
- Single Pin - Green and Yellow
- .019 Pin Size
- Right Hande
It’s not uncommon for us to bend the rules here and there when we come across an exceptional optic that warrants front page recognition. We’ve done it again with the Fast Eddie XL because it’s spreading its infectious tendrils of bow shooter satisfaction at the speed of light since its release date.
So, how have we bent the rules? The Fast Eddie XL can be considered a 2-pin bow sight. Technically, it has a single pin design, but it features a second built-in pin for an additional point of reference. This can be extremely useful for single pin hunters that often hold over for shots past their set distance.
Besides the double pin design, there are more quality features that only Spot Hogg can deliver with perfect execution that we brag about in the full review. Check it out now!Read Full Review
What to Look for in a Good Single Pin Bow Sight
It takes more than just looking for a clear sight picture and any old single pin to find the right moveable sight for you. Just like multi-pin bow sights, quality, price range, and multiple other factors will come into play.
Make the right decision the first time round by knowing what features you want and how much you want to spend.
- Budget: It’s all too easy to over-spend on a decked-out bow sight. Keep in mind, practice and experience can help to maximize a sight’s full potential, but you can’t push a sight past its limitations. For recreational use, spending as little as possible may get the job done. For hunting, spend as much as you can. For competition, set a high price range because it will cost you.
- Pin size: It’s your only pin. Make sure pin size is appropriate for your application and you can adjust brightness levels to suit your conditions. Short range shooting: .029″, close to mid-range shooting: .019″, and long-range shooting: .010″.
- Adjustments: Tool-free, locking, and micro adjustments may cost more. 2nd adjustable axis is becoming a standard feature while 3rd adjustable axis may cost more. Long range and steep angle shooting applications demand the best adjustment features.
- Durability: Pin quality used to be a concern, but these days, most manufacturers are installing fully enclosed high-quality pins. Look for metal housing, brackets, and components over plastic. Water-resistance and quality screws are additional factors to consider.
- Legality: Make sure your bow sight is legal for use in your state. You may need to reconsider bow sight features such as built-in lasers, lights, and electronics.
Why Aren’t You Single Pin Yet?
It’s true, we may be somewhat partial to single pin bow sights. There are few moments more satisfying than seeing your groupings get tighter and at longer distances too.
If you haven’t given a single pin sight a go, now’s your chance to dial in and swipe right. Why aren’t you single yet? Your perfect moveable pin is waiting to be matched with you!