Last Updated on
Buying a rifle scope under 100 bucks is one of the best things you can do for your sanity and your wallet.
You’re literally getting the basics of what you need for the best price possible.
Granted, you’ll have to forfeit the quality and features that comes with a $1000 scope, but you’ll also eliminate the hassle and stress it takes to shop for one.
The buying power is all in your hands even when you only have a single hundred dollar bill to put down on one!
Top 8 Best Rifle Scopes Under $100 In 2019
- BARSKA 3-12X50mm IR Huntmaster Pro Rifle Scope
- Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 3-9X40mm
- Simmons 8-Point 3-9X40mm Scope
- Bushnell Trophy XLT Bone Collector Edition
- Monstrum Tactical 3-9X32mm
- CVLIFE 2.5-10X40e Rifle Scope
- UTG 3-9X32mm AO BugBuster
- Simmons 3-9X32mm .22 Mag(R)
Best Cheap Rifle Scopes Under $100
The best thing about buying a scope for under $100 is that it gets you something right now. You don’t have to endure constant indecisiveness, untold stress, and extensive research that would be the result of shopping for a $1000 scope. What you can expect out of a $100 scope is dependability from its fundamental features.
Beginners and recreational target shooters won’t need anything more than what you can find in this market. These budget-friendly scopes make great gifts for fellow hunters or for your youth who’s tagging along this hunt. To be real, it might be a temporary rifle scope, but it doesn’t mean you’ll be missing out on accuracy for the hunt you need it most – that hunt is right now!
|BARSKA 3-12X50 IR Huntmaster Pro||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 3-9X40||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Simmons 8-Point 3-9X40||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Bushnell Trophy XLT Bone Collector Edition||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Monstrum Tactical 3-9X32||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|CVLIFE 2.5-10X40e||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|UTG 3-9X32 AO BugBuster||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|Simmons 3-9X32 .22 Mag(R)||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Our 7 Top Rifle Scopes Below $100
BARSKA 3-12X50 IR Huntmaster Pro
- Ideal rifle-scope when lighting conditions are less than ideal, combining advanced optic technology
- Fast-focus eye bell, large objective lens, and multi-coated optics deliver clear, high-contrast downrange views
- 3 to 12X magnification, water, fog and shock-proof, adjustable for wind-age, elevation and rheostat
You thought spending less than $100 meant you had to go without some fancy features, didn’t you? You’d be wrong. Barska paves the way for you budget-conscious hunters to still have everything you want in a rifle scope when you spend less than one hundred bucks.
The most obvious perk about the scope is its large aperture and extended 12X reach. Typically, getting this extra optical performance would cost you double your budget, but again, Barska has your back. They’ve also outfitted the Huntmaster Pro with an illuminated reticle! It’s hard to believe in this price range, but it’s there and it works.
To make these features even better, the scope is fully weather and shock proof. But, to be this cheap, there’s got to be a catch somewhere right? We’re sure you can forgive the heftiness of this scope for all the luxury perks you’re gaining. We know we can!
Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 3-9X40
- Quality optics with stunning HD clarity, 100% quality materials used and tested extensively Power x Object Lens- 3-9x 40 millimeter
- Low-light riflescope with 3-9x magnification and 40mm objective lens
- Dusk & Dawn Brightness (DDB) multicoated lenses for clarity and brightness
The versatility and customization possibilities of the Banner Dusk & Dawn scope is what makes it a favorite optic among hunters. It’s bottom dollar price scores it a spot on this list, and even with some additional perks, it can still run under budget! You have available reticles, finishes, and an illumination option.
Besides its custom work, the Dusk & Dawn rifle scope is lightweight and compact without needing special rings to mount. Recoil will be a non-issue with its generous six inches of eye relief, and its recoil-proof construction. Whether it’s a varmint, predator, or a tin can in the distance, you’ll be shootin’ it up from dawn to dusk!Read Full Review
Simmons 8-Point 3-9X40
- 8-point riflescope with fully-coated optics
- 1-4-MOA SureGrip audible-click windage and elevation adjustments
- Fully coated optics, Waterproof, Fog proof & shockproof
- Truplex reticle
- Magnification & Objective (mm): 3-9x 40
Do you want the best deal possible? The Simmons 8-Point rifle scope is just that. Yes, it’s cheap, but the optical quality is far past cheap. With hundreds of happy buyers under its belt, the optical performance deserves a standing ovation. It even has a quick focus eyepiece to make focusing in a non-issue experience.
Even better, it’s lightweight and compact. It’s not going to burden you while out in the field when it’s mounted to your beast of a rifle. Another point to make is while it’s still a very economical rifle scope, you’re still getting the same features that you would see on a scope twice its price. You have fully coated optics, the TrueZero scope adjustment system, and weatherproof and shockproof benefits. The Simmons has all its bases covered: price, quality, and performance!Read Full Review
Bushnell Trophy XLT Bone Collector Edition 3-9X40
- Fully multi-coated optics
- 100% waterproof, fogproof and shockproof
- Dry nitrogen filled
- Fast-focus eyepiece
This Trophy XLT proves that rifle scopes in this low-budget price range are far from mediocre. This rifle scope comes with the Multi-X reticle, but you also have the option of upgrading to the DOA 600 reticle. You guessed it, that’s 600 yards of Dead On Accuracy. It might be bending the rules a little bit to encourage you to get the DOA 600 reticle because it does push the cost up a sliver above 100 bucks.
However, even under the price limit, you’ve still got a lightweight scope with 91% light transmission and Butler Creek flip open covers thrown in. If you want something bulletproof, the warranty that comes with this Bone Collector rifle scope is just that. You’ll have to check it out to see how bulletproof it really is!
Monstrum Tactical 3-9X32mm
- Tactical rifle scope providing crystal clear targeting at 3-9x magnification, with a 32mm objective diameter and an eye relief of 3.5-3.8 Inches
- Glass rangefinder reticle for on-the-fly range estimation and long distance targeting
- Dial controlled reticle illumination in both red and green with multiple brightness intensities
Are you shooting off 5.56 rounds at the range? In the market for a new scope? The Monstrum tactical scope is made for you. A low price tag, rangefinding reticle, and illuminated crosshairs is a recipe made for an afternoon of fun. Did we mention this scope is dirt cheap? We have now.
- Illuminated reticle
- Rangefinder reticle
- Quality control issues
The Monstrum rifle scope is easy to use even with its luxury features that attracts a lot of attention. At its core, it’s a no-fuss scope with its versatile 3-9x magnification. The 32 mm aperture is on the smaller side, but it helps to keep the scope mounted low. It also is partly responsible for its lightweight and compact size at 12 oz and 10.5″ in length.
For a budget rifle scope, it’s impressive to see the internal chamber has been nitrogen-purged for added fog and water resistance. But, that isn’t what has you considering the tac scope is it? You want to know about lighted reticle and rangefinder stuff, right?
Monstrum installs a rangefinding reticle to allow you to get estimate distances to targets of known size. You’ll have to be at max power of 9x to depend on using the reticle in this way. Quick note: the reticle is also designed to be used with 55 grain 5.56 rounds.
To help you find your target and draw your eye to the center, the crosshairs can be illuminated. You have the option of turning on the red or green light in conditions when you need it most. If this feature isn’t particularly important to you, forget it and make use of the black crosshairs that are just as visible as any other ordinary scope.
With or without using the reticle or illumination setting, the Monstrum can be a dependable scope for your close-mid range needs.
Various quality control issues include build quality, reticle, and illumination problems. But, we should mention that Monstrum Tactical customer service is pretty responsive. You also have a 30 day no questions asked guarantee and a 1 year warranty. For under 100 bucks, you can’t beat that.
- Magnification: 2.5-10X with 40mm objective; Field of View:100 yards of 32.5' @ 2.5x - 8.9' @10x; Laser: 2mW, Class IIIA, reaching 100 yards
- Clearer Image: multi-coated green lens boast much higher light transmittance compared with blue lens
- Illumination Modes: red & green (5 intensity)
- Durable: made of high strength aircraft aluminum
Who says you have to spend over 100 bucks to land the number one rifle scope in the Top Best Seller’s List? This CVLIFE rifle scope is priced way below it’s retail price. If you get in quick, you’ll get it for more than 80 percent off its original price!
The tactical scope doubles as an excellent hunting optic with its illuminated options between red and green for diverse light conditions. It also sports a Kellner eyepiece with a dioptric adjustment lens so you can ditch the glasses and focus in regardless of being near or far-sighted. For you tactical junkies, it even sports a laser sight! To add to its already pimped-out profile, you’ll get the batteries you need to power it and the mounts to get set up and shootin’ today.
At a price listed ridiculously low, this is why it earns a place as one of the best cheap rifle scopes in this budget range!
UTG 3-9X32 AO BugBuster
- BEWARE OF COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS SHIPPED DIRECTLY FROM CHINA
- 1 Inch Tube with Emerald Coating for Maximum Light Transmission, Premium Zero Lockable & Resettable Turrets with 1/4 MOA Per Click Adjustment
- Range Estimating Mil-dot Reticle for Optimal Aiming and Shooting Performance, Adjustable Objective from 3 Yards to Infinity
- Red/Green Dual Illumination for Versatile Applications, Large Field of View and Most Accommodating Eye Relief for Optimum Critical CQB Mission
If there’s a rifle scope to stamp out pests of all kinds, it’s the UTG BugBuster! Unbelievably, it’s priced below $100, and it has features that’s worth more than twice its price.
The BugBuster is somewhat gnarly lookin’, but every marking, turret, and knurl has a purpose. It sports both a red and green illuminated reticle, emerald coatings for maximum light transmission, and zero lockable and resettable turrets. It even sports an AO for parallax-free aiming from as close as 3 yards! The reticle ranges in mil-dot increments, and the scope comes with more than the standard accessories.
Is this all hard to comprehend for only a hundred bucks? You’ve gotta see it to believe it right here!
Simmons 3-9X32 .22 Mag(R)
- High-quality fully-coated optical glass lenses
- Parallax correction preset from 50 yards to infinity
- Rimfire 3/8" dovetail mounting rings included
- HydroShield lens coating ensures a clear sight picture
This Simmons .22 Mag rifle scope is one of the best scopes in the market hands down. We’re not kidding. It holds a very desirable ranking within the Top 5 Best Seller’s List. But, how could a low budget brand like Simmons top in at the best?
It’s got price, value, and better than mediocre quality on its side. The Matte or Silver finish coats fully coated optics with a HydroShield lens coating for excellent image quality. It’s lightweight and compact, and it even comes with its own rimfire 3/8″ dovetail mounting rings.
If you’re plinking on a lazy afternoon with your .22, this is the perfect scope to have for the best price possible. Just take note to prevent disappointment, this scope doesn’t double as an air gun scope. With that tid bit under your belt, plink away with Simmons!
What to Look for in a Cheap Rifle Scope
You may think that spending under one hundred clams for a rifle scope might only buy you a child’s toy. The rifle scopes in our line-up prove otherwise. While some scopes might feature more than their fair share of premium features, it’s all about what you can get from the glass for clarity and maximum light transmission. Additional features are just a bonus.
In this price range, focus more on the quality of the fundamental features. That’s where you’ll find value in your buy whether it’s $20 or $100! To help you out, here’s our tip list.
- Glass: The higher the quality, the better.
- Coatings: The more, the better.
- Ballistic reticles: If you’re going high-powered, shop for the most practical and accurate reticles you can find if you need ballistic data.
- Eye relief 3″+: Going cheap doesn’t mean you have to go without decent eye relief. Your rifle scope is going to let you know what a real black eye is if you don’t pay attention to this feature.
- Exit pupil 3-5 mm: Smaller than 3 mm? Expect to lose out on a lot of light-gathering potential.
- Durability: Using and abusing this scope is a reality. Make sure it can handle the terrain and recoil for your firearm and style of hunting/shooting.
- Air-gun rated: Scopes in this price range double as air gun scopes. Make sure you have a positive rating before buying and mounting.
- Accessories: Most cheap scopes come with a plethora of extra accessories. Keep your eye out for any freebies.
Skip the Stress, Buy the Best!
You can really get yourself a fair scope for an even fairer price. Gone is the stress of having to pore over every single feature and what it all means. Instead, spending less actually gives you some relief in knowing you won’t be breaking the bank over your rifle scope buy. Instead, you’ll be landing something today that you might end up keeping for a hunting lifetime!